I received this galley in consideration for an honest review.Oh Say Can You Say by Dr. Seuss
Published by Random House on October 12, 1979
Genres: Picture Book
Tongue twisters abound in this classic Dr. Seuss Beginner Book!
"Bed Spreaders spread spreads on beds.
Bread Spreaders spread butter on breads.
And that Bed Spreader better watch out how he's spreading . . .
or that Bread Spreader's sure going to butter his bedding."
This riotous collection weaves together a wonderment of words designed to twist the lips. Wordsmiths and beginning readers will love Oh Say Can You Say? and treasure tackling these tangled tongue teasers.
Originally created by Dr. Seuss, Beginner Books encourage children to read all by themselves, with simple words and illustrations that give clues to their meaning.
It’s been a long time since I’ve seen this particular Dr. Seuss book, so I sat down with my kids and we tried our hand at saying a few of these tongue twisters. Oh Say Can You Say? is good for early readers and, in our case, it ended up making us laugh as we failed to say some of these poems. It was fun for everyone!
Random House is allowing me give away a copy of the newly discovered Dr. Seuss book, What Pet Should I Get? which is available today.What Pet Should I Get? by Dr. Seuss
Published by Random House on July 28, 2015
In the Fall of 2013, an original manuscript with accompanying sketches by Dr. Seuss, aka Ted Geisel, was discovered in the La Jolla, California home of the late beloved children’s author. That complete manuscript was for the picture book, WHAT PET SHOULD I GET?, and will be published by Random House Children’s Books on July 28, 2015. It is the first original new Dr. Seuss book since the publication of the last book of Dr. Seuss’s career, Oh, the Places You’ll Go! in 1990. WHAT PET SHOULD I GET? captures the excitement of a classic childhood moment—choosing a pet—and features the brother and sister characters that Dr. Seuss drew in One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish.
You must be 13+ to enter. Open to US residents only.
- And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, 1937 – The Young Folks.com
- The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, 1938 – Bookish Antics
- The Seven Lady Godivas, 1939 – The Eater of Books
- The King’s Stilts, 1939 – On Starships and Dragonwings
- Horton Hatches the Egg, 1940 – The Book Cellar
- McElligot’s Pool, 1947 – Media Mikes
- Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose, 1948 –Mommie of 2
- Bartholomew and the Oobleck, 1949 – Nonperfect Parenting
- If I Ran the Zoo, 1950 – Live to Read
- Scrambled Eggs Super! 1953 – Word Spelunking
- Horton Hears a Who! 1954 – Bookiemoji
- On Beyond Zebra! 1955 – Jessabella Reads
- If I Ran the Circus, 1956 – Book Hounds
- The Cat in the Hat, 1957 – The Bookbag
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! 1957 – Nightly Reading
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, 1958 – Winter Haven Books
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories, 1958 – Alice Marvels
- Happy Birthday to You! 1959 – Chapter by Chapter
- Green Eggs and Ham, 1960 – Poland Bananas
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, 1960 – Once Upon a Twilight
- The Sneetches and Other Stories, 1961 – The Mod Podge Bookshelf
- Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book, 1962 – Good Books and Good Wine
- Dr. Seuss’s ABC, 1963 – The Irish Banana
- Hop on Pop, 1963 – Mundie Moms
- Fox in Socks, 1965 – Page Turners
- I Had Trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew, 1965 – Book Rock Betty
- The Cat in the Hat Songbook, 1967 – Giveaway Train
- The Foot Book, 1968 – I Am A Reader
- I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today! And Other Stories, 1969 – Cuddlebuggery
- I Can Draw It Myself, 1970 – The Children’s Book Review
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? 1970 – Curling Up with a Good Book
- The Lorax, 1971 – Elizziebooks
- Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now! 1972 – Reading with ABC
- Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? 1973 – Me, Myshelf, and I
- The Shape of Me and Other Stuff, 1973 – Paperback Princess
- There’s a Wocket in My Pocket! 1974 – Presenting Lenore
- Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! 1975 – YA Books Central
- The Cat’s Quizzer, 1976 – Lille Punkin’
- I Can Read with My Eyes Shut! 1978 – Confessions Of A Vi3tbabe
- Oh Say Can You Say? 1979 – Ex Libris
- Hunches in Bunches, 1982 – No BS Book Reviews
- The Butter Battle Book, 1984 – Novel Novice
- You’re Only Old Once! 1986 – Dad of Divas
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! 1990 – Jesse the Reader